Tuesday, July 24, 2012


While we're away from home and missed the typical cuisine of the region where we come from, that's what I always felt. I usually have to go to Abudhabi to buy my favorite Indonesian food that is sweet and Martabak to go to Abudhabi itself will take about one and half hours from Dubai, until one day I was walking the street in Karama, Karama is famous for many Indonesian restaurants but there are rarely sell my favorite foods, even non-existent. Until one day my eyes hung up on an Indonesian restaurant that recently opened "PADANG JAVA CAFE" I jokingly told my friend let's try a new restaurant that they may provide martabak sweet.
The first time I stepped into the restaurant I found something different concept than most other restaurants in Karama Indonesia. On it wall was a picture of every photographs of every customer who comes, this restaurant has a size that is not too large and almost the same to the Indonesian Restaurant in Karama. 
Restaurant owner who gave me the menu, as an appetizer and it is a ritual when I tasted the new Indonesian restaurant was must try BAKSO nya. Ah.. I spend that sentence if I was satisfied with the food, as the main menu my eyes fixed on a small board on the wall reads "Special Menu" for today, Uduk rice and fried duck which became my main meal and do not forget the chili paste, for dessert I chose the es teler. After indulging my stomach with a typical Indonesian food, I idly asked the restaurant owners if they sell martabak sweet ... YES! they make martabak sweet, I automatically order a portion to take home I feel very satisfied with the service and the food they serve, with friendly price and variety of delicious foods that I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Food prices start at 15 - 25 AED and Drinks starting from 3 - 10 AED




No comments:

Post a Comment